#WasinJapan: Autumn

What is your favorite season in Japan?

As we walked down to the nearest station for catching train, my senior threw a topic for both of his junior: my friend and me.

It was kind of tradition at our lab to do particular things together: having lunch and dinner, going to the nearest station after university time, shopping to the nearest supermarket between university time, and… many more. I will write them down later once I get back those memories.

Those moments were kinda cute since they were exactly resembling what I saw on Japanese anime. 

If you watched one of them –especially school-genre-  you may notice the activity of younger kids who are requested to go to and back from school in group. Yea, that scene captured the real activity of Japanese elementary school students. And most of the time, my lab members would do the same. We talked along the way home as we headed to the station in a group or at least in pair.

At that time, we shared our ranking of favorite seasons and whys. I said loudly that I had Spring on the top. Both my senior and friend claimed that their number one was Autumn. Their reasons are that Autumn’s temperature is the best: chill but not freezing and most of Japanese people suffer from hay fever in the Spring which could be excruciating in several cases.

I nodded, yet still adored Spring and its cherry blossom much more.

Recently, I scrolled over my digital albums and could not deny that in fact, I craved Autumn the most nowadays. Back then, I had some terrific trips and joyful moments with my pals during Autumn *not to mention those Autumn dresses and coats!*. I had good time in Spring, as well. Yet Autumn significantly lingers on my mind these days. 


On one of the trip, I pictured Autumn as the beauty of letting go.

Leaves are dying yet they wear red bravely; leaves leave the trees; trees are without the leaves

And that is okay. That’s the cycle of life.

Most of the time, I assume letting go is equal to losing the battle;

Letting go is hard because I tighten my grip excessively; yet whatever it is, it slips away anyway

I forget that letting go could be something beautiful, and maybe peaceful.


So yeah, I miss Autumn dearly this year, I suppose.

***

 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

LPDP & Diploma Fresh Graduate [LPDP Part 1]

15 Hari Perayaan Imlek di Pontianak: Tradisi Saling Kunjung hingga Berburu Kumis Naga

Light-up aka Luminarie 「神戸ルミナリエ」